Every digital content creator works hard in attracting more traffic. The audience indeed has varied interests. Every audience’s way of living differs from another. The regional language, cultural aspects, point of view, and the grasping power of visual content must be considered before creating and uploading content.
Subtitles come into the picture when a creator thinks about the mode of language. Captions and subtitles are now easily available in the television and theatre industries. Subtitles are thus widely used to elaborate the audio content, music, tones, background noise of the visual content. They are extremely beneficial for grabbing the attention of the ones who have a hearing disability.
What are the ways to subtitle a movie or other audiovisual content?
- One should put 35 characters in a single line while subtitling.
- Two lines should be visible while playing the content on the screen. More than two lines will hamper the viewing experience of the viewers.
- The subtitles should be displayed for 1.5 seconds only.
- The appearance of two consecutive subtitles should be visible for 3.5 seconds.
- One can either create a .txt file or write the subtitle in a notepad.
- Subtitling applications are also available for download.
One can easily add subtitles to a movie by downloading the movie on a digital device and uploading it on applications or websites that allow subtitling. First, the uploaders should choose the title and write it down as instructed. Next, one has to choose the in and out timing of the subtitles displayed on the screen. These guidelines are followed throughout the movie and downloaded at the end.
Subtitles are usually saved as a .srt file or .txt file and placed in the same folder where the movie is located. Without subtitles, the content may look pale and not gain the attention of the viewers. To find more info, the upload should browse and gain in-depth knowledge.