Laser hair removal is a procedure that removes unwanted hair by employing a concentrated light beam (laser). During this procedure, the emitted light converts into heat energy and this heat destroy the hair follicles that are the root producers of hair. It has become one of the most commonly preferred ways of getting unwanted hair removed.
Tips For You
People often think of laser hair removal because they get tired of plucking, waxing and tweezing. And why not? It does get quite exhausting sometimes! But before you book yourself an appointment, here are a few things you should know:
- The first and foremost thing you should know is that laser hair removal does not mean total hair removal. Re-growth on some levels is normal. More typically, the re-growth is mostly lighter and thinner in density. Such light hair is barely visible to the naked eye, but some people go for re-touch treatments.
- All types of hair cannot be lasered. The target of a laser machine is dark pigmented hair and not darkly pigmented skin. The light emitted from the laser absorbs dark hair, which implies that people with lighter hair may not see the treatment results. It’s because light hair such as blonde, grey and red do not have enough pigment for the laser to detect.
- You must not pluck or wax before the treatment. It is said so because these processes might remove the hair follicles. Since the laser focuses on the hair follicle, you should forbid these weeks before the treatment. Although, pro-tip is that you can shave a day before the treatment as this will better highlight the hair follicles, resulting in a better session.
- Say no to the sun. It will be ideal for you, not to spend much time in the sun, at least a month before the treatment starts. Tanned skin creates obstacles for the laser to distinguish between dark-pigmented hair and skin. And as a result, the treatment will turn out to be comparatively less effective. Having mentioned this, tanning beds are no exception as well. Any kind of tan will distort your treatment.
- You will need more than one treatment. Laser hair removal cannot be achieved over one treatment. It requires multiple treatments and a lot of time. There is a considerable gap between each treatment session. You need to be patient with this.
- A certain level of irritation is normal after the treatment. This is because the heat out of the light beam can cause redness and make your skin a little irritative. And in some cases, there might even be some slight swelling around the follicles. If the irritation is constant for a longer time, you can use an ice/cold compress.
- It can be a little expensive. Depending on how much hair you wish to get lasered, your pricing might go up or down. Either way, it will be pricey. For example, if you opt for legs and arms laser hair removal then it might cost you around $300-$400 per session. Add the price of all the sessions together and you will get the expensive quotient.
Pro-Tip: You should ask a lot of questions to your aesthetician. It is your body and getting laser hair removal is massive. Make sure that you are fully aware of the entire procedure.
Before all of this, the most significant step is to find good laser hair removal centres. If you look up “laser hair removal near me”, you will find many such centres but it is upon you to decide which one you would choose. Ensuring that you are in good hands is essential. So, you should do proper research before taking the final step. Pamper yourself well.